Is Lasik right for you?
You are a good Lasik candidate if:
- You are over 18 years of
age and have had a stable glasses or contact lens prescription for at least two
- You have a cornea that is
thick enough so the surgeon can cut the flap safely during the procedure.
- You are diagnosed with a
refractive vision disorder such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism or a
combination of them
- You do not have any disease
that might affect your vision or interfere with the results of the operation
- You are under the age of 18
- You are pregnant or nursing
- Have a history of dry eyes
- Have refractive disorders
that are too severe
- Are being treated with
medications such as steroids or immuno-suppressants, which can prevent healing,
or are suffering from diseases that slow healing, such as auto-immune
- Have diseases such as cataracts, advanced glaucoma, corneal diseases, corneal thinning disorders (keratoconus or pellucid marginal degeneration), or certain other pre-existing eye diseases that affect or threaten vision.